Spa Pedicure Procedure: Pedicure Procedure Step By Step
1. Remove old polish from the nails of both feet.
2. File toenails of the left foot with an emery board. File them straight across, rounding them slightly at the corners to conform to the shape of toes. To avoid ingrown nails, do not file the corners of the nails. Smoothen rough edges with the fine side of an emery board.
3. Place the left foot in warm soapy water.
4. Shape the nails of the right foot.
5. Remove the left foot from the basin and dry.
6. With a cotton-tipped orange-wood stick apply to the softened cuticles and under the free edge of the toenails.
7. Press the cuticle gently on the left foot with a cotton- tipped orange-wood stick. Keep the cuticle moist with additional lotion or water. Do not use too much pressure. Avoid the use of a metal pusher.
8. Do not cut the cuticle. Only nip a large ragged hand nail.
9. Rinse the left foot and dry. Massage each toe with cuticle cream and oil.
10. Repeat steps 6 to 9 on the right foot.
11. Scrub both feet in warm, soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly.